Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default Is it possible to select from a table and then

Ok, forget about the drop down list method.

So, is a particular row designated for only a certain bus series? Like:

Row1 = 320-360
Row2 = 700-750
Row3 = 800-899

Or, can any bus number appear in any row?

We'll get this figured out!

Biff

"dgraham" wrote in
message ...

Sorry Biff,

Ok this it what i want to do:

I have a list of buses numbered something like this 320-360, 700-750,
800-899, 900-990.

each day I want to enter them into a worksheet call "Shed" which is how
they are parked ie.. bus 320 in A1, 321, in B1, .... bus 700 in A2, 701
in B2 etc....

I only want to be able to enter the bus number once so it won't
allocated in the shed more than once. (the info provided before does
this, but with a dropdown list wich is not suitable as there are about
500 buses and it would be easier to type the number then hit the enter
key.

as i mentioned in my last, everything works fine except after I enter a
valid number and press enter I get the error message unless I click in
another cell with the mouse. I should be able to just press enter and
it should accept it as it is a valid number.

I hope I havn't waffled on too much. but that is basicly what I was
wanting to do.

Regards

David

--