Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Why does Excell change my last number to "0" in a string?

Is that your credit card number ? Thank you.. :)

Seriously, excel has 15 digit precision and anything more than that will be
truncated to a zero, if you need to store numbers greater than 15 digits
preformat cell(s) as text or precede the entry with an apostrophe '

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"dlooney2006" wrote in message
In MSExcell 2002 SP3. In a cell I enter a string of numbers,
ie..1658618353,
then when I leave that cell or hit "enter" the last number chages to "0"
ie... 1658618350.
I have tried reformatting the cell, deleting the info and re-entering it,
and everything I could find in "help".