Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 97 formula doesn't work in Excel 2003

I recently switched from Excel 97 to Excel 2003.

When I open one of my spreadsheets created with Excel 97, all the the
cells in columns B display #NAME?. There is also a green triangle in
the upper left corner of each cell.

The formula in each of the cells of column B is a variation on
=QuarterNum(D642). This appears in cell B642. Column D has dates in
it, and column B has quarter numbers. The formula in cell B642 is
supposed to compute the quarter number based on the date in cell D642.

This works when I open the file with Excel 97.

How may I fix the file so it will work in Excel 2003?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"