Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
frendabrenda1

Default macro to add a row

Good afternoon!

I know there are several posts already about this subject, but I can't seem
to make any of the previous answers work.

I am trying to insert a row after a given number defined by "INSERTPT" then
copy data into the new row. (Column A has a list of record numbers...INSERTPT
is a user defined record number)

With the following code, the data gets pasted wherever the last selection
was made in that worksheet. (Most of the time, the previously run macro will
have the user defined record number highlighted, so this macro pastes right
over it, rather than adding a row and pasting under it.)

Thanks for any help!

Sheets("Update TEMP").Select
Range("A3").Select
INSERTPT = ActiveCell.Value
Sheets("Update TEMP").Select
Rows("8:8").Select
Range("I8").Activate
Selection.Copy

Sheets("Incom Inspect Report (IIR)").Select

Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 1 Step 1
If Cells(i, 1).Value = INSERTPT Then
Rows(i + 1).EntireRow.Insert

End If

Next i

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False