Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BillCPA

Default Wierd Copy and Paste

Mark / Gary,

I opened both in the same session - works fine. Thanks for the replies.

I guess I have assumed when you do a copy that it puts the data in the
clipboard and therefore doesn't care where it is coming from. I'll have to
read up on exactly how the clipboard works.

--
Bill @ UAMS

"Gary Brown" wrote:

You are right in the fact that it is to do with Excel being opened in
seperate sessions. The target spreadsheet has no idea which application
the copy has come from and therefore only offers you the paste options
you are seeing. (ie the same as if you were copying from Word to Excel

If you opened the spreadsheets from the same session and then tried to
copy and paste special you will get the result you are looking for

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084