Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nigel Forge

Default Excel

I have a spreadsheet which contains Work Order numbers, craft code, work
order date and estimated hours.There are also other non-relevant cells.
These items are sorted by a controller who decides which priority they are
completed in.
When the job is completed, a clerk enters the actual hours taken to do the
job by craft.This report is exported into Excel and has the same data as the
original except it also has the actual hours by date by craft.

As there are no indexed fields I have concatenated the work order number
with the craft code as this only shows once per work order.

My task - should I choose to accept it :) - is to try and allocate the
actual hours by work order by craft code by date.There are thousands of work
order but I have shown a couple as an example.

A B C D E 04/01/06 04/02/06
04/03/06 and so on
wo# Craft Est Hrs Date Act Hrs Act Hrs
Act Hrs
123456 10 4 04/01/06 ? ? ?
256354 20 3 04/02/06 ? ? ?

This is always for 5 working days Mon-Fri.

I concatenate the wo# with the craft code as follows:

=(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE($D4,$E4),$M$4:$P$6,4,0)) Where M4:P6 contains the
range of work orders already concatenated as wo# and Craft Code hence line
one would be 12345610 and so on. Col 4 of the lookup is the actual hours. Now
this works fine for one column but how do I get the date separated so that
the actual hours are shown in the right date?

The data I am pulling from is as follows:

WO# / Craft Date Act Hours
12345610 04/04/06 3
25635420 03/04/06 5

Thanks in advance for any help.