Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
naulerich

Default Import data into seperate columns

The text is coming out of a Borland database (Caliber), it will export to
Word no problem however it is requested the output be in .xls format which is
not supported through the tools we have purchased through Borland. I am not
sure what control the BA has, other than setting delimiters when
exporting...What can I ask that the BA do to get a clean export?

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

Nichole, using the sample text you e-mailed me, I got the same results you
did. This leads to another question - same one I asked yesterday:

Do you have any control over the program which PRODUCES the text file? What
is that program?