Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default Count unique entries

I created a fourth column to concatenate the year and the month together and
then used a CountIf to get the value I wanted.

The formula I used to concatenate the dates is

=A2&"/"&B2

Which is copied down the column to capture all your data.

The following COUNTIF function counts the number of 2005/Feb entries:

=COUNTIF(D1:D5,"=2005/Feb")

Hope this helps

--
Kevin Backmann

"Cash" wrote:

I am trying to count the number of unique entries in a column of data but
based on data in other columns. I need this to be automated versus filtering
the data and cut/pasting, etc. For example, if I want to know how many unique
entries in Column C are "2005, FEB" the answer I'm looking for is: 1

COL A COL B COL C
2006 JAN 3
2006 FEB 4
2005 FEB 5
2005 FEB 5
2005 JAN 5

Can one of your smart folks help me out?