maryj

Thanks Dave. The macros worked perfectly!

"David McRitchie" wrote:

In addition you might take a look at SepTerm and SepLastTerm
in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
it's a matter of what your data actually is and I think this would
fit your situation. You will have to join names like de Bruin
first though like de_Bruin and the remove the underscore later.

Insert two new columns to the right of the name
first use the SepTerm macro
then use the SepLastTerm macro on the 2nd column.
---
HTH,

"Don Guillett" wrote...
Chip has some extensive discussion.
http://www.cpearson.com

"maryj" wrote in message
I have a list of people's names in a cell. Some examples a
Mr. John Doe
Mrs. Jane S. Smith
Ms. Cynthia Jones

I need to split their titles, first name with Middle initial and Last name
into 3 seperate columns. Using a post on this site, I was able to
extract the title, but am unsure how to pull the other information.