Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lasca

Default Find and replace

Thank you!!!!!!!

I have been battling with this for days!!!

"Stefi" wrote:

Function FReplace1(ReplaceField1) As String
FReplace1 = Replace(ReplaceField1, "/", "_")
End Function
But you get the same with this worksheet function:
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","_")
Regards,
Stefi

€˛lasca€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

HI, even with the typo corrrected - I am still getting the error.

Here is the corrected code, and I am still getting the error.

Function FReplace1(ReplaceField1) As String

If
Application.WorksheetFunction.IsNumber(Application .WorksheetFunction.Search("/", ReplaceField1)) = "true" Then
ReplaceField1 = Replace(ReplaceField1, "/", "_")
FReplace1 = ReplaceField1

Else

FReplace1 = ReplaceField1
End If

End Function

"Stefi" wrote:

FFeplace1 = ReplaceField1
There is a typo in this line: Type FReplace1 instead of FFeplace1

Regards,
Stefi