Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Default Import data into seperate columns

you have a lot of Text in your text file. There does not seem to be any
numbers for calculations. Why don't you import to Word?.

Alternatively, you will have to use a macro to import the text

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

exceluserforeman

"naulerich" wrote:

I have a .txt file that looks like:

"123","test text","this is a test","abc"

I want my output in excel to be the following:

A1=123
B1=test text
C1=this is a test
D1=abc

Potential problem is that there are commas through out the "test text" and
"this is a test" columns therefore text to columns wont work. However what I
need to show in each separate column is enclosed in quotes.

Any help would be appreciated!