Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default Import data into seperate columns

"David Biddulph" wrote in message
"naulerich" wrote in message
I did remove the double quotes and added a ~ instead of the commas, I am
still not getting the output in the correct columns when using the import
with delimiter set to ~....I don't know what to do next...

You shouldn't have removed the double quotes, and you didn't need to
change the commas to tildes. Go back to your original file.

You should use your comma as the delimiter, but in the "text qualifier"
box of the text import wizard you need the double quote symbol.
--
David Biddulph

Unless I misread the original post, he said there were commas WITHIN the
text that he wanted to keep intact - not just commas as delimiters. If this
is the case, Excel will split fields based not only on the commas which
exist as delimiters, but also when it sees those within the text.