Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

Default Is there a way to eliminate specific cells from formulas?

Can you give a couple examples of the data in the referenced cells?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Valerian" wrote:

Well I am trying to write a formula for a production line to determine the
number of minutes it takes to complete each unit. I am currently using start
time(G2) and stop time(E2) less lunches(H2) and line stops(I2) (for parts
shortages) quantity of units being built and the number of stations per
production line. I use ((G2-E2)-(H2)-(I2) for total time then I calculate
total time per unit per station in hours M2/(K2+(L2-1)) where M2 is Total
Time and K2 is quantity and L2 is number of stations on the line. Then I
convert this answer to minutes per station then to minutes per unit.

I do get the numbers I am looking for even though this seems complicated.
What I am wondering is if there are standard production variations say for
breaks and setup that I am not including in the formula. Additionally if you
know a better way to calculate minutes per station and minutes per unit I am
open to suggestions

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Are you any good at writing formulas?<<

Um...yeah...I've written a few. Why?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Valerian" wrote:

yes, if you mean that by using subtotal instead of sum it will ignore all
other subtotal functions, that will help a lot. Thanks
Are you any good at writing formulas?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Check the SUBTOTAL function. It ignores other SUBTOTAL functions in its
formula range.

1st argument options:
Func_Num Function
1 AVERAGE
2 COUNT
3 COUNTA
4 MAX
5 MIN
6 PRODUCT
7 STDEV
8 STDEVP
9 SUM
10 VAR
11 VARP

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Valerian" wrote:

I am creating a table showing daily and weekly averages of Production lines.
I want to create a weekly chart but I dont want the weekly totals to include
the daily sum and averages. Is there a way to eliminate those cells from the
weekly totals?