Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Default How can I get Excel to automatically chose one of two answers?

Hi Erwin,

Maybe something like this in F1 which returns a price from range J1:K5 for
LCB4.

=IF(E2="zpp",0,VLOOKUP(E1,J1:K5,2,0))

Where column E is where you are listing the options
E1 = LCB4
E2 = ZPP (or not)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Erwin" wrote in message
I am trying to design an automobile purchase order form that uses option
codes and its corresponding prices. When I enter one option code on one
cell/row (i.e. LCB4 for Leather Upholstery), the cell next to it will
automatically kick out the correct price of $1450. However, another
option
code (i.e. ZPP for an automobile Premium Package) at the price of $2900
includes Leather Upholstery. If ordered, I need to enter ZPP on another
cell/row that will generate the priceof $2900 next to ZPP; however, I do
not
know how to get Excel to automatically recognize the ZPP code and change
my
Leather Price of $1450 to $0 since it is included in the Premium Package.
Can anyone assist? Thanks again.
--
Erwin