Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default Import data into seperate columns

In Excel 2000, it doesn't "respect" the commas. The OP has text strings with
commas within them. Excel interprets them as delimiters, regardless of the
quotes.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
When you do File|Open, you should be able to specify Delimited (by a
comma).
Excel will respect those strings within double quotes.

naulerich wrote:

I have a .txt file that looks like:

"123","test text","this is a test","abc"

I want my output in excel to be the following:

A1=123
B1=test text
C1=this is a test
D1=abc

Potential problem is that there are commas through out the "test text"
and
"this is a test" columns therefore text to columns wont work. However
what I
need to show in each separate column is enclosed in quotes.

Any help would be appreciated!

--

Dave Peterson