Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A1:A100,"mmm")="Jan"),--(B1:B100="Mexico"))

as an example

--

HTH

RP

"Jeff" wrote in message
I understand i have to use an array formula, but I don't know how!

I have an array listing dates when products arrived from diffferent
countries. I want to produce a chart which shows the number of arrivals

for
each month from each country. COUNTIF will produce a total of arrivals

for
each month, or a total from each country (ie for one condition) - but how
about for two conditions - this country in this month?