Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sirbob

Default How do I stop Book 1 opening with existing files?

Thanks for the suggested help. As you suggested I have searched for and
found €śXLSTART€ť in 2 locations, but both folders are empty with 0 bytes.

I have also looked in Excel Tools Options General, and the €śAt
start-up open with€ť box is unchecked and there is no entry in the box

I do not know how to tell whether I have an alternative Startup directory
set, but I have searched the PC and found a number of Startup folders, none
of which contain anything except a €śdesktop.ini€ť file.

Unhappily the problem remains. Is there anything else that I can do, please?

"CaptainQuattro" wrote:

Book1 is probably saved in your XLStart Directory in your Excel folder.

Locate this directory and delete the file.

Also check if you have an alternative startup directory set.

Click Tools Options General

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763