Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

Default change cell value greater than another cell value using formulas

In B enter the formula:

=MIN(7,formula to calculate B)

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Unsure?" wrote in message
A+B=C
Say that A and B must equal 10. For A, you input calculations using other
formulas and get that A=6, so automatically B must equal 4. However, say
that
as a constraint, B has to equal 7 or greater. How do you make that cell
change the value in order to impose this new constraint either using
formulas
or another method but not changing the values manually?

(If B is 5 for example, we order 7. But if B is 8 we leave it at 8.)

Thanks