Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Default Text records in Excel

Your question is ambiguous both in what you get and what you are comparing
it to, and even whether it makes a difference or not to your usage.

In fact, I don't even know if you are trying to create a CSV file, text in columns,
or just writing records i.e. HTML records..

From with VBA you can use xlCR or CHR(13) for carriage return,
xlLF or CHR(10) for line feed, cor xlCRLF or CHR(13)&CHR(10) for CRLF.
if producing one long string.
---
HTH,

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message ...
I am creating a text file within excel and I do not know how to create what
I think is needed and that is an end of line character for each line. The
text is all in column A, one record in each cell. The text file that excel
creates appears to be
different to the model I am using in Notepad at the end of the line.
Anyone any experience in this?