Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveC

Default Matching Text with With Certain Criteria

Max, thanks so much for the solution and for posting the solution Excel.

One small thing: When I use it, I get a #VALUE error -- this is because the
last set of text strings is not followed by a comma. For example you
reference in G1:

HLSE:NOK1V, HLSE:NOK1V, BMV:NOK.N, ENXTAM:NOKA, NYSE:NOK,

But it should reference instead:
HLSE:NOK1V, HLSE:NOK1V, BMV:NOK.N, ENXTAM:NOKA, NYSE:NOK

You see, no comma at the end of NYSE:NOK -- it's because of this no comma
that I get a #VALUE error. Any suggestions?

As for the solution only returning 1 text string, not 2 or more if there are
more than 1, that's fine, I only need one... thanks...

Thanks again! This is really terrific stuff.