Carole O

Default Unwanted Validation Message

Excel 2003

I have a spreadsheet which contains unique forms - one for each department.
The first sheet is a Menu that the Departments use to select 'their' form. I
inserted a symbol - checkmark - which, upon clicking, hyperlinks them to the
desired form. When the cursor hovers over the checkmark, a quasi-validation
messge appears with the complete file address, and "click once to follow.
Click and hold to select this cell"

How do I get rid of this message? I certainly didn't put it there, and
would not want it showing. I've checked Data, Validation, clear all (there
was nothing in the message box to clear). Right clicking on the check symbol
cell doesn't give me any logical options.

Any ideas??

TIA,

Carole O