mpierre

Default make cell contents equal to null value - not blank, but empty

Is there any way to make a cell value = to null?
I'm using the following: =IF($C$2=A18,A18,"") to make cell B18 = to A18 if
A18 is =C2. My problem is that when this is not true, I want the cell to be
blank. I mean I want it to be as if I never had any value in it at all. I
want it to be empty. As it is with what I'm doing, the "blankness" is just a
space or something because when I try and plot the data range, the chart
recognizes that the cell has a value and plots a zero or a gap.

Is there anyway to make the chart see the cell B18 as if there is nothing in
there what so ever, unless the equation above is true?