Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default If formular

If you just want to sum a where b is not and x

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B500<"x"),A2:A500)

you can use conditional formatting to "hide" the numbers

select A2:A500 with A2 as active, do formatconditional formatting, formula
is then use

=$B2="x"

click the format button and select white font, click OK twice

all other options would require VBA to clear numbers from A

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Therese" wrote in message
Hi
I want to sum the numbers i have written in row a. In row b, I have a row
where I put an x when I want the number beside(the number in row a) to
dissappear. I have tried cond. formatting, but the sum at the bottom
counts
the numbers anyway off course. How do I do that? Does anyone have an IF
formular with a circular reference or do I really have to make a new row
wih
the numbers?
Thanks in advance :0)
--