Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

Default If formular

The sumif function will conditionally add numbers in one range based on a
criteria in a different range. So =sumif(b:b,"x",a:a) will add all the
values in a where you have entered an x in b. If you're using x to exclude
(vs include), try =sum(a:a)-sumif(b:b,"x",a:a)

"Therese" wrote:

Hi
I want to sum the numbers i have written in row a. In row b, I have a row
where I put an x when I want the number beside(the number in row a) to
dissappear. I have tried cond. formatting, but the sum at the bottom counts
the numbers anyway off course. How do I do that? Does anyone have an IF
formular with a circular reference or do I really have to make a new row wih
the numbers?
Thanks in advance :0)
--
Therese