Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Herman56

Default sumproduct failure?

Hi Bob!

Thanks for your reply! Your IF/ISNUMBER/MATCH-formula got rid of the
disturbing x's in the 1,0 liter column, but got rid of all other x's as
well... :-( :-)
Since that is even further from home, I changed back to my original
formula... :-)

I did check the cell formats, but they are simular in each column
concerned in the products sheet and in the pricelist columns. I fail to
see any difference between f.i. the 1,0 liter column and the 0,5 liter
or the 10,0 liter column. Yet it is the only column affected by this
peculiar behaviour...

I tried clearing the cells, but this did not make a difference at
all... I still am puzzled why this is affecting only the 1,0 liter
column... I have changed all the formulas by adding the
IF($B3="";"";-part to it, and all columns are behaving correct now...
But it should not have been necessary at all... :-(

Changing back the formulas did make an "x" pop up immediately at the
rows without entries... When you have another idea about it's cause and
it's solution, I would love to hear it, Bob! From anyone, btw... :-D

Paul

--
Herman56
Herman56's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31018