Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB2010

Default Macro to clear contents of unprotected cells AND drop down box

Jim

you're a legend.

many thanks for your help

the "400" thing comes up because of the merged cells, not the drop downs (i
had drop downs that were in merged cells & i originally mis-identified the
cause of the problem). All sorted now.

its so simple when you know how

apologies for being a luddite

cheers