Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hayley

Default Validation - clear blanks from drop down

I have 2 validation boxes. The first is a simple list of 5 options (based on
a 'name' range). The second is a filter of a larger list depending on the
answer in the first box. I have made my 'name' range as big as the largest
list but other lists are quite short. The problem I have it that the drop
down box is showing all the blank cells in my 'name' range.

The bigger problem is that when you select the pull down it highlights the
blank field first instead of the first item on the list so you have to scroll
up. This is a problem as staff think there is nothing on the list. So how do
I either not show the blanks or get the drop down to start at the top of the
list?
--
Hayley