Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
shaunl

Default Sports Comp Ladder tabulating help needed

Hi Peter,
Many thanks - your calculations have helped enormously however I think
I have failed to properly explain the requirements as the calculations
still need to accommodate a couple of additional matters.

I fear that my previous explanations might not have been sufficient -
sorry about that!

The following might offer a better explanation.

BONUS POINT FOR LOSING BY SEVEN POINTS OR LESS.
1. If two teams draw 24-24 then neither will get a bonus point for
losing as neither team has lost. However, if the winning team has
scored 24 points then the losing team will need to have scored anywhere
between 23 to 17 points to get a bonus point. So in this instance any
value between 17 and 23 will be sufficient to award a "1" bonus point.

BONUS POINT FOR SCORING FOUR TRIES OR MORE.
2. If a team scores more than four tries they get a bonus point. They
need to score a minimum of four tries to get a bonus point - but any
value above 4 will get them a bonus point. So any value of 4 and above
will earn them a "1" bonus point.

These complicate your calculations no doubt but if you could take
another look for me I would very very grateful (presenlty errors are
creeping into the maintenance of the comp ladders and I need to
automate it completely.

thanks
Shaun in Sydney

--