Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Returning Cell Value if someone deletes the contents of a cell

Uncheck the Ignore Blank box.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"mmc308" wrote in message
I am trying to control someone blanking out a cell value in a worksheet

The person is able to enter/change the value in the cell

I have been able to control the cell with Data Validation so that the cell
does have a number in it with a
=ISNUMBER(B10) on a custom entry. But I want to stop the cell been blank
out, if it does the old cell value is returned there.

Something on the lines of

If Range("B10") = Blank then

msgbox ("You are not allowed to leave the cell blank")
Range ("B10") = OldCellValue

Else

EndIF

Hope this is clear this test will only take place if the cell value of B10
is cleared

TIA

mmc308