Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Assigned macros change location

Build your toolbar when the workbook is opened and destroy it when the workbook
is closed.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

markvi wrote:

I have a workbook (named Form.xls) with a number of macros, each of which is
assigned to a button on a custom toolbar. I import data from another program
into this workbook, then use the macros to format the data into Customized
Reports. I want to then save the workbook with a new name (I use today's date
as the name, eg 03.29.06) so that I have an archive of the reports produced.

My problem is that when I use File, Save As to rename Form.xls, the Toolbar
buttons in Form.xls all change their assignments to the new file's name. So
the next time I open Form.xls, the new file (ie 03.29.06) also opens so that
the macros are available.

Is there a way to avoid having this re-assignment occur?

Thanks
--
- markvi

--