Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default if statements, and statements

=SUMPRODUCT(--(--LEFT(A2:A5,FIND("-",A2:A5)-1)<=C1),--(--MID(A2:A5,FIND("-",
A2:A5)+1,255)=C1),B2:B5)

you will need to change the first range to 0-100, and have unique ranges
that do not overlap.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote
in message ...
I have the following data:

QTY PRICE
<100 100
100-500 95
501-1000 90
1000-2500 85

A function that I am looking for is if I type in a quantity of 550 in a
cell, I want it to be able to retreive the correct pricing for whatever
quantity I request. In this case I want it to give me a price of 95. But

also want to be able to use the same cell to request a quantity of 1000

and
to be able to give me back the correct price of 85.

Does anyone have a suggestion?