Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Delete Row based off cell content

This sample only looks at the first 100 rows, you can adapt it for your needs:

Sub macdel()
Dim L As Long
For L = 100 To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountIf(Rows(L), "System generated") = 1 Then
Rows(L).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

The sample code also assumes that System generated is by itself in a cell.
--
Gary's Student

"Chuck Neal" wrote:

My spreadsheet has over 1000 lines of data. I'm exporting daily so the
information changes and I do not append to the previous day's data. Because
of the way this report exports out of the host system (which I can't change),
at random rows, a cell in a random column is populated with the words "System
generated". I'm running a series of macros to clean up this spreadsheet
before I import to Access. I need a code that will delete the entire row
when this specfic word appears anywhere in the spreadsheet. I've tried
recording a macro using the filter, but this doesn't seem to work since the
data changes daily. Please help!
Chuck