Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default Linking to named ranges in another workbook

WorkBookName!RangeName

For instance if you wanted to sum the range named DataRange in a workbook
named MyData in your current workbook the formula would look like this:

=SUM(MyData.xls!DataRange)

--
Kevin Backmann

"KG" wrote:

Someone told me how to do this put I have misplaced my notes:

Workbook A is a consolidation workbook that links to named ranges in
"source" Workbooks B, C, D, E....etc. There is a way to display all the named
ranges in the source workbooks and to select them by pointing, so as to
reduce the chance of formula typos. I just don't remember how. Help,
please!!!! and Thanks!