Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

Default Excell Problem when opening file created in another application!!

it really sounds like the numbers are formatted text. Make another column
next to the numbers and use the VALUE function to turn them into numbers,
then sum that column, see if it works.

"Zircum" wrote:

good afernoon, I have a problem that is when I open a excell file created in
a accounting program it doesn´t allow me to make any calculation for
instance, I would like to make a somatory from some cells but the only result
tha I obtain is 0, I don´t understand why because the values are well
formatted, everything should work fine but it doesn´t, can anyone help me
please?

My version of office is 2003 and the program from I created the excell file
is PMR, a Portuguese accounting program.

Thanks in advance.