Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lsmft

Default Running Average

Thanks very much,
The situation that I have is:
I am given the Year To Date amount each week.
So on my worksheet, I have in Col. "A" top to bottom, numbers 1-52
representing the week of the year.
Col. "B" starting with Cell "B-1" is the YTD Weekly Income as of the
first week of the year, Cell "B-2" being YTD as of week two. Cell "C-1"
will be the first individual week's income. Cell "C-2" is the second
individual weeks income figured by subtracting Cell "C-1" from Cell
"B-2". (Cell C2=B2-C1) click and drag down the column. Hence the rest
of the unarrived weeks = zeros. In another area of the worksheet, I
have a Summation area with totals and averages etc. In this area is
where I want a cell listed as "Avg. Wkly. Inc." It will average all
Individual Wkly Incomes from Cell "C-1" to Cell "C-52", zeros and all,
but I don't want the zeros figured in as part of the running average,
and this cell's figure will naturally fluctuate as the year progresses.

Thanks again for your help

--
lsmft
lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30678