Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Munchichic

Default Excel 2003--How do I change the color of selected items?

I realized I misworded the problem. I'm not speaking of selecting an area and
highlighting it with your mouse. I'm speaking of the background color of the
column, row, or option you're using. This also happens in Word, and it's
apparently a default of 2003. Anytime I have something formatted in BOLD, for
example, the "B" for Bold on the toolbar is highlighted this ugly yellow
color. If I'm working in column A, then the letter of column A is highlighted
the same color. If any text is underlined and I'm clikced on that text, the
"U" for underline on the toolbar is also the same yellow color. It's not the
Windows color scheme setting for "selected" items. It's the format or options
of the items on the toolbar, for example, that are highlighted. This is what
I need to know how to remove. Instead of just being depressed as in 2000, now
these items are highlighted yellow. I'd rather have the items depressed to
indicate they are in use. Anyone know how to achieve this? Thank you.