Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bluewolf

Default VLOOKUP in large Data sets of more than 16384 rows

My Data is OK or rather it is failing in more than one set of data.

VLOOKUP($T$4,'P:\[P.xls]PE'!$A:$B,2,FALSE)
The correct value if T4 is located on a row less than 16384 but Returns #N/A
if T4 is located beyond row 16384

Excel often comes up with error

Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Chose less data or
close other applications- while I am replicating this formulea however the
above applies ie it finds a value if located in rows less than 16385 and #N/A
if greater than 16384

--
A charming and handsome, highley intelectual adept levle Excel user.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I did a simple test, but I didn't see that problem myself. I could lookup
item 16385 on quite happily.