Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default VLOOKUP in large Data sets of more than 16384 rows

I did a simple test, but I didn't see that problem myself. I could lookup
item 16385 on quite happily.

It sounds like something in your data. what are the values and lookup
values?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bluewolf" wrote in message
I have a problem with VLOOKUP looking in sorted lists of more than 16384

items.
Basically it fails at 16385th item

I have developed a VLOOKUP function that looks up in multiple tabs in
multiple files and returns a value. However I have discovered that it

fails
at row 16385. As Excel copes to 64,000 rows I regard this as a bug. Has
anyone else encounteed this problem? is it just my machine, is there a
solution / bug fix?

If I use FALSE when the item to be found is beyond 16384 the function
returns the 16384th value this is a warning to other users who may not

have
noticed as I did not initially.
--
A charming and handsome, highley intelectual adept levle Excel user.