Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
adamuk

Default Excel Scatter Plot

Hello! I'm very new to using Excel, and having problems creating a
scatter plot. I have tried using the wizard/chart button on excel, but
must be doing something wrong as it's not displaying the data
correctly. I'm hoping somebody will help me, please. I'm pulling my
hair out, as i cannot do it!!

Basically, i have been given the following fields of data -

Territory 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10
Showings 3 1 4 0 2 4 0
3 1 2
Sales 2.6 1.2 3 1 2 3.6
0.5 3.2 1.8 2.5

I have been told to 'Construct a scatter plot of the data'.

Could somebody please give a few minutes to try and find out how to do
it?
I have attached my (feeble!) attempt at it. I'm hoping i have done it
correctly. If not, cound somebody please tell me what i have done
wrong?

I don't think it's imperative to plot the territory. I think 'showings'
and 'sales' compare better. But if i can somehow include territory then
it would be better.

|Filename: Book1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4528 |

adamuk