Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
almk05

Default Avoid duplicate number entry when only start and stop numbers given.

I am trying to avoid duplicate meter numbers from being assigned.

I have used the no duplicates formula and it works for either column,
but I have column C where I entered a starting meter number and Column
E where I entered a ending meter number. When I run the no duplicates
formula it does not take into account the possiblities in between.

I can not have any duplicate meter numbers. My start and end meter
numbers may be a span of 5 numbers to a span of 125. There are over
1000 rows in the spreadsheet.

I am also familiar with the data validation and making a message pop-up
on entry of a duplicate number and have that working. But I obviously
need to try something different. Any Suggestions???

--
almk05
almk05's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32820