Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Default Getting rid of a circular reference error message

Hi Shankfoot,

What is wrong is that the formula you have in the hidden H20 is reading
=SUM(D12-D18) when it should be referencing H12 & H18.

I fixed it by:

Open the file with Macros disabled, unhide Column H and change the formula
in H20 to =H12-H18 (The SUM part is not required.)

Hide Column H again and put any number into D20. This will remove all the
#REF! errors.

Save the spreadsheet under another name and close it. Now open the new
spreadsheet again and enable Macros. After that it worked for me again.

(Incidentally the SUM part is not required in D12 either or you can change
it to =SUM(D6:D11), similarly D26 & D32 don't require a SUM either).

If you have any more trouble the do post back again.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"sharkfoot" wrote
in message ...

Attached is the file after I made the changes you suggested. As you can
see, something is very, very wrong but I'm not sure what. Can you tell
me what went wrong?