Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Egebrecht

Default editing an excel 97 file within excel 2003 and saving back as

I tried to name the file differently to no avail.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

xl97, xl2k, xl2002, and xl2003 share the same file format.

So I don't think it's a simple conversion issue.

Can she save it as a new name (maybe the original was marked readonly????)

Chris Egebrecht wrote:

One of my users has been given an excel 97 file from one of our customers.
She is to edit this file, save it as excel 97, and send it back.
This file contains many macros.
Apparently, our customer only has excel 97.
We no longer have excel 97 running within our company.
When trying to save as Excel97 format, it says "Document not Saved."
The problem has nothing to do with network drives or inadequate disk space.
I think it is purely a conversion issue and more specifically has to do with
the macros.

--

Dave Peterson