Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ragtopcaddy

Default Normalizing the y axis

I want to get a visual "apples to apples" effect in my charts. However,
Excel doesn't seem to offer a way to "normalize" the y axis (that's the
vertical axis, right?). If the data in the range goes from .01% to .88%
for one data set and from 1% to 7% for another data set, Excel changes
the y axis accordingly, which displays the illusion that the resulting
charts are not much different from one another. I would prefer to take
the highest data range (7% in this example) and the lowest (.01% in
this example) and apply that as the y axis for both charts, so that the
user would get a visual sense of the real relationship of one dataset to
the other,
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill