Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel
Tom Ogilvy

Default Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error: Sum or Function not def

How to create Visual Basic macros by using Excel Solver in Excel 97

should help you do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dmitry" wrote:

Thanks Nigel!
How to repeat the macro for a contiguous range of sheets in a Workbook? I
call the range contiguous because the range sheets tabs are contiguous in
the Workbook.
How to make the macro close the Solver Results window?
"Nigel" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
Solver is not recognised by the standard Excel object model, add a

reference
to SOLVER in your VB Editor.

Goto VB Editor (Alt-F11) , select Tools-References then check the SOLVER
option.- the SOLVER add in must be installed for this to be visible.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Dmitry" wrote in message
Hello
I receive:
"Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error:
Sum or Function not defined" after I have run a macro. I recorded the
macro.
The macro code is:
Sub Macro2()
'
' Macro2 Macro
' Macro recorded 24.03.2006 by Dmitry Kopnichev
'

'
Range("J16").Select
SolverOk SetCell:="$J$16", MaxMinVal:=1, ValueOf:="0",
ByChange:="$F$4:$I$12"
SolverSolve
End Sub
All recorded operations work by itself. How to make the macro run the
operations?