Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

Default How can I save an Excel file which says it's a Read only to a CD?

Is it maybe saying the CD is read-only, not the file? Is it a CD-RW CD, or
just CD-R? Do you have a CD burner? Have you formatted the CD to be
read-write?

The properties you are looking at, (read only, archive, etc) can be changed
by right clicking on the file name and going into properties. But that will
not solve your problem, a read-only file can be copied.

"Cindy Who" wrote:

Under File/ Properties/ General tab for this worksheet the "Read Only" box is
not checked. The Archive box is checked, however, that whole section is
ghosted and I can not change anything. I am using Office, Student and
Teacher Edition 2003. I'm trying to copy this file to a CD but keep getting
the error message that it is a Read Only file and cannot be copied.