Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Satraj

Default time sheet

You could use =weekday(A4) which returns a number between 1 and 7. Sunday
being 1, Monday 2, Tuesday 3 etc. So if it returns between 2 and 6 its a
weekday and if it is 1 or 7 it is weekend. Hope this helps.

"Monty" wrote:

I want to work out the number of overtime hours worked by double time or time
and a half each month. Cell A4 I input the date, cell B4 I input the hours,
C4 the hourly rate is input, D4 the number of staff is input , in cell E4 I
have the total hours worked.
I have this in cell E4 =TIME(INT(B4),MOD(B4,1)*100,0)*24*C4*2*D4. as you can
see I have to input double time in the formula, staff also work time and a
half. Is there anyway I can get the formula to look at the date input and if
it is a weekday then it is time and a half and if it is a weekend then double
time or can I create a column for double time and one for time and a half and
if yes is input into either of these columns then it would do this
calculation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Monty