Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
broro183

Default Macros fill cells regardless of row number

Hi
" I am a beginner..." Me too, but I love the challenge!

To highlight the row the cursor is in, have a look at:
http://excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=520284

For spellcheck/find, I'd suggest starting by recording a macro of your
actions so that you have some code to modify/adapt.

" I struggle with the command - in the active cell / row. "
With regards to what?

The macro below shouldn't have made much of a difference to file size.
How large is "rather large"?
Try going to the last row, selecting all the rows underneath it & then
using the menus edit-delete (not the delete key as this just clears the
cell contents) and repeating this with the empty columns at the right of
your sheet.Also, the link below seems to have quite a few suggestions re
file size:
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?p=88327

Some other sources of info for optimising macros/worksheets:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm (good for
beginners)
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/optimize.htm
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/SpeedingUpVBACode.htm
www.decisionmodels.com

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

Trixie Wrote:
No problem thank you for answering. I am a beginner at this but am
lucky
enough to know exactly what I require. I am looking for other basic
codes
too e.g. highlight the row the cursor is in (and spell check, or find
specific words)... Would you happen to know where I can find the
basics? I
struggle with the command - in the active cell / row. Also, the macros
made
the spreadsheet rather large is there any way I can recude the size?
Thanks
heaps.

--
broro183