Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB

Default How do I eliminate every fourth row of data in a large file?

I would add two helper columns. In one I would number the records ( 1
through however many you have - lets say this numbering begins in cell B2).
In the second, I would enter a formula

=MOD(B2, 4) and copy down the list.

Then use Autofilter to filter out the 0's on the column containing the MOD
formula and Edit/Delete/Entire Row. Turn off Autofilter and delete helper
columns.

Be sure to back up your data.

"MartyWonders" wrote:

I am importing a very large data base that varies monotonically. To reduce
the size of the file, I would like to eliminate every fourth row of data.
How do I do that?Thanks, Marty