Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ttbbgg

Default Dynamic subtotals and eliminate dupes

I think I am getting a value of 0 because FREQUENCY only recognizes numbers
and not text. I have text strings that I need to count for unique entry.

"ttbbgg" wrote:

OK, no more error, but I am getting a count of 0. Help!

"Domenic" wrote:

For a unique count on filtered data, try...

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A10,ROW(A2:A10)-ROW(A2),,1)),A
2:A10),IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A10,ROW(A2:A10)-ROW(A2),,1)),A2:A10)))

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
ttbbgg wrote:

Also, I want to put in a dynamic count for an array, however there will be
duplicates. How do I eliminate a count with dupes in an array?