Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default Date Counting problem

Then use

=if(B2=0,today()-A2,B2-a2)

"Sandy" wrote:

Hi Duke,

Agree with your comments and solutions as this is what i have tried, the
problem that i am trying to solve is that in row 2 where there is a 0 in B2
then i want the calculation to be made ignoring B2 and referencing D1 which
has the =TODAY() formula thus giving an answer, ie if D1 had a date of
01/02/2006 the number of days that no action has been taken (shown in C2)
would have been approx 1800 days.

Thanks

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Sandy-

In col C use

=B1-A1

Format the cell as General or Comma or the like, otherwise Excel makes it a
date.

Your statement about row 2 isn't clear, so if you want NO RESULT when B2 is
zero, use

=if(B2=0,0,B2-a2)

otherwise you'll get a huge number when B2 is zero or empty

"Sandy" wrote:

Hi there, D is the reference cell, and the result should only be in C this
result should be the number of days between the date in A1 and B1 (Full
dates), and in this case A2 (Full Date) and B2 where there is a 0 value as no
date is available at this time.

Thanks

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Which results do you want to get in C2 & D2 ?

Cheers,
--
AP

"Sandy" a écrit dans le message de
Hi wondering if I can get any can help solve my problem, I have 2 column
that
contains dates as shown below :

A B C D
(Reference cell)
1 01/01/2001 25/01/2001 24 =TODAY()
2 01/02/2001 0 ??

I have tried (without much success) using networkdays, count's etc etc.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions (except the rude ones ??)